Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders to define recruitment strategy and execution on tech positions
- Manage the entire recruitment lifecycle including sourcing and interviewing candidates
- Take ownership by driving process improvements and recruiting innovation via cross-functional teams
- Support with scheduling and coordination of candidates
- 1-2 years of proven work experience in recruitment focusing on technology based roles
- Track-record in tech recruiting, ideally from an executive search agency, freelance or in-house environment
- Work experience in a fintech or tech related environment is preferred
- Proven ability to build long-standing relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with the entire recruitment lifecycle
- Analytical approach – you have an eye for data and can work with the team on strategy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a fluency in English, another European language would be an advantage
- You are incredibly tech savvy and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Open to freelance work
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace headquartered in Berlin, Germany
- Remote working options are available
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to join the founding team for Europe of a fast-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle does not discriminate against employment candidates on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (the “Protected Characteristics”)