Global remote recruiting creates a whole new set of challenges, and we want to blaze that trail. Figuring out how to assess Engineering candidates from every corner of the globe fairly and efficiently is important. Structuring contracts that meet global standards and local law is equally vital. We have established a consistent process across Canonical and train a high-level team of representatives from within Engineering to be responsible for their recruitment decision-making, supported by you. You will develop these leads, coaching them in judgement and supporting them in the process, and bring innovative technology solutions to ensure we grow at pace, without compromising on quality.
We view our recruitment process as a key ingredient in our future success, we want to invest in it, and we are looking for a world class recruiter to drive it forward.
- Build key relationships with Engineering stakeholders, understand their needs and deliver commercial and creative sourcing plans to meet aggressive hiring targets.
- Develop and evaluate the most effective sourcing methods to ensure Canonical stays ahead of the curve, in hiring the best possible engineering talent around the globe.
- Review and streamline internal processes and tools – embrace lean operations and drive continuous improvement.
- Work with external third parties (agencies and talent partners) to ensure we maximise our return on investment.
- Drive recruitment analytics to provide our business with real-time insight.
- Have a passion for diversity and inclusion, ensuring we remove unconscious bias from our hiring process.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), with a relevant recruitment/HR certification
- Previous Engineering recruitment experience (Python, Go, Java) from within a global, high growth company
- Able to influence C-level stakeholders as well as challenge the status quo.
- Experienced working in a data driven organisation where you are able to use metrics to influence positive change.
- Successful track record of managing projects alongside operational recruitment delivery.
- Experience building a strong employer brand and delivering reach
- Working knowledge of ATS tools, sites and technologies (Greenhouse preferred)
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals.