We created CareerFoundry to help others build their careers while maintaining personal freedom and flexibility. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor/tutor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education. Through our online programs, expert tutors and mentors bring students from complete beginners to Digital Marketers in 5 – 10 months (Intro course will be shorter).
We are searching for experienced and passionate digital marketing professionals to join our pool of experts, help define the next generation of digital marketers by educating and empowering students across the globe while working remotely and around your own schedule!
Mentoring with CareerFoundry is more than teaching. It’s inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like a marketer, and to increase their value as professionals.
**Based on your application and experience, we will make a decision on whether the Tutor or Mentor role is the perfect fit for you.
Students need more than help and experience to master the necessary skills, they need inspiration and motivation to keep them focused along the way. You’re their point of entry into a new industry, so they’ll want to hear about challenges you have overcome and what the role is really like on a day-to-day basis.
- Reviewing your student’s work through the CareerFoundry platform on a regular basis with a view on how it would fit into an industry-ready portfolio.
- Be available for 1-to-1 video calls to help prepare your students entry into their new industry
- Responding to students within < 48 hours.
** Tutor role:**
Tutors give vital feedback on assignments through written reviews guided by our course curriculum and rubrics. When students are struggling with understanding a key area, tutors are there to support and encourage them, sharing resources and providing insights into the industry.
- Regularly reviewing student exercises submitted through the CareerFoundry platform.
- Submission reviews and checking for a fundamental understanding of concepts.
- Responding to students within < 24 hours.
To succeed in this job, you need:
- Drive to pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of Digital Marketers
- (If possible) a portfolio demonstrating your experience, technical ability, core strengths, and examples of professional projects. **Professional references may be required
- Previous experience in mentorship or tutoring is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the field as a Senior Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist, and a demonstrable track record showcasing your work for a variety of clients and companies.
- 2+ years experience in the field (i.e. working as a digital/web Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Analyst, or Junior/Mid-level Marketing Specialist)
For both roles, knowledge in the following is required:
- SEO best practices
- Traffic and conversion data and PPC
- Implementing and analyzing performance metrics
- Google Adwords campaigns
- Paid and organic social promotion
- Landing pages and user funnels
- Website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends), Content Management Systems, Photoshop, InDesign.
What’s in it for you:
- 100% Remote and flexible – work from anywhere with an internet connection, and around your schedule.
- A freelance contract with a competitive rate.
- Shape the industry by developing the next generation of digital marketers.
- Resume gold – mentoring experience is highly sought after by employers
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We encourage in particular BiPoC, Migrants, people from under-represented communities, people who identify as queer, trans, and/ or intersex, people with chronic illnesses, and people with disabilities to apply!
We look forward to hearing from you!